Well...it's officially 13 weeks now...which means we're in the second trimester...soooooooo exciting!!
In typical pregnancies, the second trimester is when couples start telling people because as the belly grows, it's only a matter of time until it's obvious. Well, even though this is a less than typical pregnancy, we still feel it's time to start sharing with the outside world. My plan is to tell people at work in early December.
Clint and I were talking the other night and trying to figure out what we say...how to say it...etc. It was easy sharing the news with our closest friends and family because you knew what we've been through this past four years. Conversely, most of the outside world (e.g. co-workers, neighbours, extended family) have no idea about our crazy (and horrible) time with infertility. I think I mentioned before our feeling of leading a double life. Well, the double life is about to become one life.
The outside world will quickly learn about a very personal part of our lives - a part we tried to keep private for a long time. It's interesting because we're VERY excited to tell people about bean and what Rebecca and Jason are doing for us. We're so proud to have them as friends and to share with others what an amazing gift they're giving us. There are times when I'm at a at meeting or workshop and all I want to do is lean over the stranger or colleague beside me and say, "Hey...guess what...I'm having a baby!!!" This is news we want to shout out to the world....the only thing...what exactly do we shout??
It will be interesting to see people's reactions. I told Rexy I set up a web-cam so she can watch too :)
How do you start the conversation? How much will we have to explain (i.e. Rebecca didn't sleep with Clint...no the bean isn't on loan from Jason and Rebecca...etc)?? In sharing the news, do we have to explain everything we've been through to get to this point? Any thoughts?? I know I'm probably over thinking this one...welcome to my world...it's just the latest thing to figure out.
Honestly...who really cares?? Not us...because all that matters is we have news to share...a little bean is on the way :))))!!
T.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hmmm...interesting to think of how to tell the world. No matter what, I think the vast majority of people will be incredibly happy for you regardless of your bundle is arriving. There are always "those" people that will gossip behind closed doors about anything they can, and really they just need to get a life!! Nothing can taint the amazing journey the four of you have undertaken to bring this precious baby (which by the way, contrary to many of you, I think its a she-bean) into the world. Who cares if others "get" it?? It seems like this baby already has a village to welcome it!!! Congrats on being in the second trimester! Your bean will arrive before you know it!
While I have no immediate advice to offer, I can't wait to meet this little baby and am with Kelly...I think you're having bean-ette.
Post a Comment