Sunday, November 9, 2008

The Books

Earlier this week, thanks to the thoughtfulness of a co-worker, Clint came home with two baby books, "What To Expect When You're Expecting" and "The Baby Whisperer." I thumbed through them; both are very interesting with lots of helpful information.

One thing though...the books sorta don't fit this situation perfectly. For example, when I'm reading about excess saliva and breast changes, it's important information for me to know what's happening with Rebecca's pregnancy, but at the same time, this information is not very helpful to me.

I hope I'm not coming across selfish or insensitive because I want to know EVERYTHING about this pregnancy...the what's...the why's...the when's etc. Rexy is also very helpful and generous with keeping me up to date and reassured about what she's feeling (i.e. compared to her pregnancies with Cohen and Aysia). Believe me...she helps me breathe a sigh of relief about 3-4 times a day.

What I need is "What To Expect When An Amazing Friend Is Your Surrogate And Expecting Your Baby" - anyone know if that book exists?? Chances are slim to none. Maybe it's a sign...we're supposed to write this book and sell it to make our millions. OK...chances are slim to none on this one too. Instead, we just have to figure things out one day at a time...go with our instincts...trust each other (which we do completely) and figure this out.

Case in point this week...poor Rexy was hit big time with flu (I hope you're on the mend Rex). Clint and I knew we had to do something. My first thought was...our friend needs us and we have to be there. Secondly, if it was me and I was pregnant and sick with the flu...I wouldn't be at work, but at home taking care of myself. Well, in a round about way, that's what I did. So, as Rexy and the bean rested (or at least attempted to), the kids and I hung out and had a great day together.

I continue to be amazed at how amazing Rexy is!! I've always known this about her, but it's ten-fold now. Rexy is so strong and resilient. As our little bean continues to give her a hard time, Rexy hangs in there and doesn't complain (although she should and deserves to). She knows this is all a part of the deal with being pregnant. Still, as I repeat myself, she amazes me. Rexy, feel free to have a stern talk with the little bean about going a bit easier on you :)

If we were writing a book, I'm not sure if we're in chapter one or ten, but who really cares?? The books help a lot, but nothing can replace this experience...of four friends and a baby :)))

Tuck

PS - Clint thinks the book title should be, " Four Friends, Two Toddles, and a Baby" because Cohen and Aysia are also a very important part of this :)

No comments: