I was shopping at Superstore with Aysia today and while we were waiting in line there was a lady behind us who was obviously dying to chit chat with Aysia so she very kindly asked Aysia if she is excited to be a big sister....I know get ready for it....Aysia looks at her deadpan and asks her "No,why ?" with a tone inferring that this lady might have just asked the dumbest question ever. So the lady follows up with "because your mommy has a little baby brother or sister in her tummy for you"....I was already cringing when Aysia replied with "It's not our baby it's Tanya and Clints, were just growing it for them". I honestly thought the lady was going to pass out right then, I quickly interjected with an explanation and she just smiled weakly, mumbled something and took off for another line up.
After she left I was laughing so hard I was almost crying and Aysia just sat there looking at the lady as she walked away with a look on her face that made me think she thought she might have met the weirdest lady ever.
I love it, how enlightened are my kids!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
OMG...that is soooooo funny!!
We knew this was eventually going to happen, but this story is way beyond a classic. As I said in the text Rexy, this woman is probably praying for us right now :-)
Gotta LOVE Aysia!!!
T.
LOVE IT! Kids are so precious in their innocence. A simple explanation, no more questions asked. Why can't adults get that just because a situation is not quite "typical" (for lack of a better word), it doesn't make it strange? Good for Aysia! I'm sure there will be many more comical moments as Becca grows!!
Post a Comment