Wednesday, October 29, 2008

10 Weeks...


I guess it's time for an update...it's been a while. We went for the 10 week ultrasound today. However, the 'we' part was quite a bit different than week 6. The 'we' today involved Rebecca, the doc, and I. Clint and Cohen were at Toys R Us (buying a very cool Lego set) and Aysia and Jason stayed home (one worked...one napped). Anyway, so the three of us checked out the ultrasound and saw the same adorable little blob from a few weeks ago, only a few weeks older. It was once again AMAZING to hear the heavenly heartbeat, but in addition, we saw two little stubby arms and two little stubby legs :) The doc took a bunch of souvenir pictures and even wrote "Hi Mom & Dad" close to one of the stubby arms.

The doc gave us the good news that the pregnancy should progress just fine from here (I'm still knocking on wood...I can't help it). He also said we've officially graduated from the clinic. I liked hearing that. Don't get me wrong...we love our clinic, our doc, and our nurses...honestly...we really do love them...but we're thrilled we don't have to go back. Of course, we'll return next year for a visit with the baby. This kid...HAS A HUGE VILLAGE!!

Can you believe it.... we're a quarter way through the pregnancy.

One thing I should note...when I say 'we' in terms of the pregnancy...I use the word sheepishly. Rex gets ALL the credit for the pregnancy part. The past few weeks have been really hard for her. She's been puking big time. Hopefully, that will end soon and the pregnancy energy everyone talks about will kick in ASAP.

Rex, thanks so much!!


T.

PS - this image isn't our little bean, but looks quite similar to our ultrasound pics :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Howdy everyone!

We just wanted to chime in with a huge congrats to all from Calgary. We couldn't be happier for baby Hull to be on the way, and the unique birth story will be the first exciting page of chapters of adventures for this kid.

We've always known Tanya and Clint were going to be amazing parents, but it's overwhelmingly exciting to keep up on the play by play. Thanks Clint for passing on the blog info. We'll be following along in eager anticipation.

Rebecca... puking or not, you are a true gift and the best friend anyone could ask for. Know that you are appreciated well beyond what Clint and Tanya could ever express, by so many of us.

Tanya, we all know that maternal instinct will serve you well. This kid's lucky to have such fabulous parents. We all hope the baby looks like you.

Clint, from one new daddy to another, realize now that any of the prep reading you try to do ends up out the window. So, get some sleep and keep your wits about you. We've been through a lot together and I can't wait to extend that yet another generation!

We just couldn't be happier for all of you.

And think...all this from that one night at Cowboys!

Love to all (and extended families too),

Kate, Jonathan & Thomas

Rebecca, Jason, Clint and Tanya said...

Hi Kate, Jon, & Thomas,

Thanks so much for posting! I know your time these days is quite precious (as I'm sure sleep is).

Baby Hull is very excited to meet his (I think our little bean is a 'he') friend Thomas. The second generation of the Love/Hull friendship is in the works :)

We'll see you at Christmas...can't wait to meet Thomas!

Love T.