When we woke up this morning, the first thing Clint and I said to each other (with little grins and sleepy eyes)..."one month today until beany!"
Later in the day, I ran into a colleague I haven't seen in months...someone I've very fond of who has an absolute heart of gold. She told me, with tears in her eyes, about the sadness in her life. Her spouse is dying of cancer (which I knew) and two of her other loved ones are facing extremely difficult circumstances. I listened with a heavy heart and told her how amazingly strong I think she is...what else do you say...it's really about listening isn't it...
She then changed subjects and asked me when the baby is due (she heard the news from someone else). I replied, "...a month today..." She gave me the usual confused "what the hell" look at my tummy...after which I proceeded to tell her the 'four friends and a baby' story (Coles notes version).
Her eyes welled with tears again, but this time, they were clearly happy tears. She gave me a huge hug and thanked me for sharing this story with her...and for filling her heart back up with joy and hope. We hugged again...now both of us with tears in our eyes...and agreed to enjoy every precious moment and gift life gives...DONE!!
Whether you agree with it or not...people say things happen for a reason...honestly...I'm not even sure myself...but maybe beany being 30 days away and our story was a 'reason' for her today...
Anyway...30 days to go...VERY COOL!!
T.
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment