Sunday, March 1, 2009

Nesting...

Most people know pregnant women go through a nesting phase towards the end of their pregnancy. Well, I can assure you mothers like me experience a nesting phase too. The only difference is...our nesting phase lasts pretty much the entire pregnancy. Obviously moms like me don't go through the other usual pregnancy stuff...including stating the obvious...the pregnancy. However, nesting seems to be one we thing we can do. For me, it definitely goes back to the planning thing again. And depending on how you look at it...it can be a good thing (the way I see it)...or it can be an expensive thing (the way Clint sees it) :)

Over the past few months, we've cleaned out closets, drawers, cupboards, and pretty much anything else in the house with a door. I've also strongly "encouraged" Clint to get rid of lots of his "stuff." I'm happy to say there are fewer cords, computers, and other techie crap (as I refer to them) in the house. Clint's former 'man-room' is now beany's purple butterfly room...yup...part of his manhood is gone forever.

Along with cupboard cleaning...and with HUGE help from beany's grandparents (thanks again)...we set up her room. Some would say four months is a bit early. I call it super planning at its best.

We're also had the carpets cleaned, bought a new couch, and re-arranged the furniture.

Then, of course there is the shopping!! No surprise...that's been a BIG part of my nesting :) Here's where the word "expensive" comes in. This may be Clint's word to describe my nesting, but it's not mine :) Again, I think this is another benefit of extra long nesting :)

So...this is my version of nesting. This is what I'm doing and have been for a few months now. Really, I don't have any excuse not to be ready. I have a good/bad combo going on of time on my hands and pure excitement...and a secret agenda of ridding the house of cords and techie clutter :)

T.

No comments: